Friday, January 3, 2014

It's Almost Time

Slowly, slowly, I'm making my way west... Looking forward to the future while looking back at the past. I'm intrigued by the concept of exploring and comparing parallels. As I journaled on January 1, 2007, while looking forward to Hearing Dog Team Training then:

I am unquestionably blissed... I am counting down on my fingers the days until Team Training at Canine Companions for Independence in Santa Rosa, California. I am flying out there on the 14th and will be returning home on the 26th of January, hopefully with a beautiful, sweet, smart new hearing dog in tow... I'm told that I won't have much time to update, nor much free time at all, while I'm out in California, but knowing me and my need to emote, I'll probably try to squeeze in time to pen out my thoughts and hopefully share them here every few days. Team Training consists of daily lectures on dog behavior, communication, psychology, learning, obedience, and sound-alerting work, as well as tons of hands-on practice with different dogs before we are matched up, then intensive one-on-one work with the dog we are ultimately matched with, "field trips" to public places such as the mall, grocery store, etc., daily quizzes, and three final certification tests (including the Assistance Dogs International test for public access). I am really excited. Okay, so I'm excited beyond articulation!

No comments:

Post a Comment